Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sweet Baby Girl card

Isn't this just the sweetest baby girl image. I love her cute little pursed lips. She's a digi image from Mo Manning called BabyGirl. Mo also has a cute little cooking girl available for $1. All proceeds will go to help Japan. You can see all of the details on her blog in the March 15th post.

I made this card for the Color Me Creative Copic challenge group lead by the uber talented Suzanne Dean. If you have Copic markers & want to learn how to use them.......then sign up for a class. Suzanne is an amazing & patient teacher. This is also an amazing group of caring individuals. You will make friendships for a lifetime. Anywho.......For the challenge we were asked to use these colors......pink, green & white or cream.......perfect colors for a baby card. Also my absolute FAVorite color combo. I of course colored this little darling with my Copic markers.

You can find this sweet, sweet "Love at first Sight" Word Art at Create with TLC. It's part of the "Birth Day" set. Paulette has a wide range of sentiments & Word Art for every occasion imaginable. She also has over 2,000 free graphics & sentiments on her Create with TLC blog. If you're not a follower.......you're really missing out!

The DP (decorative paper) is from NitWits. It's from Mary's beautiful "Affection" collection. I find that I use these digi background papers for just about every card I make now. Her selection is awesome & her artwork is AMAZING & it prints out beautifully on my inexpensive Georgia Pacific cardstock from Walmart. Plus storage is no problem. LOL

Copics used for this card are:
E0000 & E000 (skin), R00 (cheeks & nose), R11 (lips), E41 & E50 (hair), RV000 & RV11 (dress)

The ribbon is a gift from my friend Nora. Thanks, hon! Isn't it just the perfect addition to this card. The stick pin is from my LSS (local scrapbook store). Flowers are from an old collection of die cuts that I forgot I had. LOL I used Nesties (circle & lacey circle) to frame the little darling. Bling & sheep are from Michael's. The pretty pink button is from Walmart's ever decreasing fabric section. And lastly.......my very FAVorite Stardust Stickles to add some more bling......cuz a girl can never have too much bling. LOL

I think that about covers it all. LOL This card is for the daughter of a friend who is expecting a baby girl any day now. Hope she likes it.

I'm entering my card in these challenges:
Stamp Something: Something Sweet (& this baby girl is the sweetest)
Papertake Weekly Challenge: Trio Tastic (3 of something)
Wild Orchid Challenge: Dieing to punch it out
Creative Card Crew: Show us some green
Charisma Cardz Challenges: To 'Die' for (use a diecut)
Digi Doodle Shop's Best: Anything Goes
Totally Paper Crafts: #58 Add buttons
Bling It On: Charm
DYSU Challenge Blog: #11 Add a Bow

As always.........thanks so much for dropping by. I sooooo appreciate your sweet & encouraging comments. They always brighten my day!
Huggies & Blessings ~♥♥♥~

17 comments:

Christina C. said...

Wow, Sharron!!!! This is magnificent!!!!! Such a darling baby card. You colored this sweetheart perfectly and, oh my goodness, such luscious details.
Hun, this is absolutely breathtaking!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card.Your soft shading is perfect for her.Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best :D
Lisa x

Ruby said...

What a LOVELY card, I just love the design, and your colouring too!

Thank you for your lovely comments too about my new CMC DT post, I really appreciated them, sorry it took me so long to pop by!!

Miranda said...

such a sweet and cute card Sharron, so lovely and the image is very adorable
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

Nap Time Creation said...

Thanks for letting me know about the challenge 3 at Craft Us Craz.

This card is lovley! you are an wizz with those copics!

*~* Michelle - NapTime Creation *~*

Leah l'Orange said...

absolutely breathtaking, Sharron! so soft and sweet, and perfect for the arrival for a little miss! the flowers are GORGEOUS. thanks for sharing this lovely card with the Charisma Gals this week! :D

WencheP said...

This is so sweet. Beautiful image and your coloring is amazing. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

awwwwwww... how precious! This card is beautiful, Sharron!!!

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

Girl, this is sooo sweet. I love how you made this card and how you colored this adorable little girl!
Thanks for joining us this week at Totally papercraft Challenge and hope that you will be back again next week!
Hugs
Marion

charlene said...

Ahhhhh Sis this is just adorable and your coloring so pretty ! Love this little cutie and you !~
Hugs

Patsi said...

this is gorgeous, the image is beautiful and colouring is awesome. thanks for joining us at bling it on... xx

Denise said...

Gorgeous card - such a sweet Mo image and lovely colouring. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

Laney said...

wow!! how gorgeous is this!! fabulous image so beautifully coloured!! so glad you have joined us for our very first challenge at Bling it ON!!
hugs
laney

Iulia said...

Wow,Sharron! This is soooo beautiful! You make gorgeous cards! I thought I was already a follower, but no,so,I've mended that!
Love everything about it!
Hugs, Iulia

Debs said...

stunning card and such a beautiful image :0)...thanks for sharing with us at Bling it On...hugs Debs x

scrapn_momof2 said...

Wow oh wow Sharron this is stunning!!! So beautiful.

PeggyLovesVintage said...

Oh my goodness! She's absolutely beautiful, Award Winning, A+, Superduper, Tremendous, inspiring, etc etc etc.