Saturday, July 9, 2011

Floral heart card

As soon as I saw this beautiful Floral Heart image by Crissy Armstrong I knew that I wanted to do a classic black & white card. I love this clean look. I just had to add my new Tim Holtz yummy trimmings across the bottom of the card. I had found some metal corners in the jewelry dept at Michael's so I painted this one black to match (it was kind of bronze looking). I couldn't decide on the bow cuz I didn't have any plain black ribbon that was wide enough to make a pretty bow. That's next on my 'must have' list.

The rest of my card recipe:
Bling from my stash
Black cardstock was dry embossed with my CB Swiss Dots
Nestie: Labels One

I'm entering these challenges:
Digital Tuesday Challenge: Bling
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes
Stampin' Sisters in Christ: #96 Clean & Simple
Stamp & Create: July challenge ~ Ribbons & Bows

Thanks a bunch for looking & for taking the time to comment! You know how excited I get to read your lovely compliments. This card will be going to my special & dear friend Cyndi.

Huggies & Blessings ~♥♥♥~

11 comments:

Crissy Armstrong said...

I love how you used the heart on this black and white card! Beautiful!!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Sharron - this is lovely - the B&W is perfect with Chrissy's heart! What a great take on this weeks challenge! Thank you for playing along with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week - we appreciate your support and love to see you! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Cyndi - YaYa said...

LOVE it!! I agree.. classic!!!

charlene said...

Sis this is really pretty and I think the bow is perfect as it is....
Hugs

Christina C. said...

Love black and white.....soooo elegant!!!!

Unknown said...

That is such a nice, clean look, very pretty! Thanks for playing along this week with Stampin' Sisters in Christ!

Anonymous said...

This is so striking Sahrron! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly this week and good luck!

Michele Spera said...

what a wonderful creation! Love the black and white,thank you for joining us at Sundays with Crissy
Michele

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is beautifully done!!!!
Hey, it is giveaway time at Pixie Dust Paperie, please come join in the fun!
http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

Digi Darla said...

Love, Love this elegant card! SO beautiful! Special person to get that card! Hope you visit digidarla.com and grab the free stamps before the end of the challenge.:)

Unknown said...

Wow this is so classy!!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!!!! The heart is gorgeous!!!!!! Way to go!!!!