Saturday, July 28, 2012

Christmas in July, part 3

Hi again! My next little treasure I made for my CIJ swap partner is this pin cushion I made from a pint size "Ball" mason jar.


This was my first time making one & I had to make it twice because after hot gluing the fabric & stuffing onto the lid I couldn't get it to screw down all the way. LOL Regroup..........then I took another lid & just glued it to the top of the lid instead of the bottom. There are several tutorials online but I found this one the most helpful.......'Suzanne's Crazy for Collars' blog. I don't know why I couldn't get it to work like hers but I'll try again. Maybe I had too much fabric in the way. Oh well.........live & learn. LOL I then glued on some sweet little pink daisy trim all around the outer edge.

Isn't that scissor charm the sweetest little thing.  I found it hiding in my button box.  I thought it would make the perfect little touch on top.  I stuck in various stick pins & flowers all around & then added a little box of straight pins inside the jar for her to use later.

Thanks again for joining me.  I'll be back soon to show you another goodie I made.

Huggies & Sweet Blessings ~♥♥♥~

3 comments:

Vintage Images said...

What a pretty pin cushion!

Cyndi - YaYa said...

Love that pin cushion!! I know Mary enjoyed each and every item you made for the CIJ box.. so excited we've decided to do it again!

Tracy said...

I am lovin' all your Christmas projects girl! You've been gettin' seriously crafty. :-) Whew! I'm wore out but will hopefully get caught up tonight and be back on track and in my comfy little routine rut tomorrow. I've missed chatting with my friends this past week. Huggies to ya sweetie!