Friday, February 14, 2014

You make me smile


Happy Valentine's Day to my favorite Valentine of all.........my hubby Frank.  It's our 41st Valentine together........imagine that. Doesn't seem possible.  This is a super simple card as my hubby doesn't like a lot of 'stuff' on his cards........so I had to really restrain myself. lol

I recently told you about the Anna Griffin chalkboard stamp set that I ordered from HSN.  I was really happy that they came just in time to make this card.  I think they stamped up very well.  I used the black ink pad that came with the set.  The red ink is a Tsukineko Versa Magic dew drop called "Red Magic".  The background is a Cuttlebug embossing folder called "Chicken Wire".  I thought it added a bit of a manly touch.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:
Craftitude:  #58 Valentine
Craftyhands Challenge Blog:  Heat or Dry Embossed
Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge:  #107 Valentine
Jo's Scrap Shack:  #37 Valentine's Day
Sister Act Card Challenge:  #44 Anything Goes
Stampin with the Dragon:  Love is in the air (& I do love my Valentine)
The Stamping Boutique:  #4 Valentine/Love card
Totally Paper Crafts:  #206 Valentine/Love
2 Sisters Challenge:  #173 Embossing
Creative Card Crew:  #55 KISS (Keep It Simple & Sweet)
Cuttlebug Mania:  A Touch of Red
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog:  #71 Love is all around
Stampotique Designers Challenge:  #134 Perfect Pairs (the pair of red buttons)
Creative Moments:  #36 Anything Goes / Love
Crafty Girls Challenges:  #11 Anything Goes
Paper Crafting Journey:  Love is in the air
Sassy Studio Designs:  #216 It's Valentine's Day

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day with your special someone today.  Thanks for visiting!
 
Huggies & Sweet, Sweet Blessings to you  ~♥♥♥~

23 comments:

Kathi said...

Cute card.

Thanks for playing along with the Stampotique Designers Challenges!

Kimbo said...

A great card and I love those chalkboard stamps. Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

Crafty Judith said...

great job hun and loving the embossing - thanks so much for joining us at Craftyhands - have a great day - Judith DT mmember x

Kay Wallace said...

Great card and perfect for your husband! Thanks for participating in the Stampotique Designers' Challenge!

Wendy said...

Love the chicken wire embossing and the stamps are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Craftyhands, good luck! Xx

Nathalie said...

Very cute card. I love colors & messages. Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
Nathalie DT

CraftyGirl said...

Love that embossing folder! I am very glad you joined us this week at TSB. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge. :)

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
The Stamping Boutique Design Team Member

Kim Kelley said...

Too cute! Love the banner! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs DTBST challenge! HUGS

Kim
SSD DT

Unknown said...

This is such a great card!

Thank you for joining the challenge with the Creative Card Crew!

Sheena
xxx

Kerry said...

Great card, I love the banner. Thank you for joining in with our Touch of Red challenge at Cuttlebug Mania x

Tina Campbell said...

Love the banner style to the card :) Thank you so much for joining us at Jo's Fun Friday Challenge :)

Sue said...

What a fab card, I'm sure your husband loved it. I really like how you've threaded your buttons to make the banner, and you're right, the chicken wire folder does make the card manly lol. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stampotique Designers challenge. Sue xx

DesignerDiva said...

Well this made me smile! What a clever design Sharron, I love it!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Totally PaperCrafts this week and good luck in the draw
Hugs Laurie x

Mayras Designs said...

This is such a pretty card !!! I love mini banners , and this is one gorgeous !! Thank you so much for joining us at Jo's Fun Friday Challenge !!!

fiona mctiernan walker said...

Such a great card thanks for joining our challenge this fortnight at craftitude.
Good luck
Fiona dt. x

Glittertastic said...

Unusual card - love the bunting. Thanks for joining us this week at Totally Papercraft

Hugs
Sharon
x

Sue said...

Cute card thanks for playing along at Stamping Dragon Designs Sue DT x

Unknown said...

fab card! Many thanks for joining the crafty hands challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

Guild Master Crystal said...

Oh I love this! What an awesome CAS design. Love those tags and the embossed background.
Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew!
~ Crystal (DT)

Gram's Treasures said...

Adorable card...hope your hubby liked it and you had an enjoyable day! Thank you for joining in our challenge this time at Paper Crafting Journey, and good luck!
Joyce xx

K8 said...

Lovely CAS card..congrats to your 41 Valentine!! Thank you for play with us this time, hope to see you again soon! Hugs Kate DT

Unknown said...

this is a great CAS card! Love the tags and the embossing. Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew KISS challenge. Irene DT xx

Sam & Poppy said...

Fab card!
Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique :)